I am a reformed physicist whose current work lies in the intersection of Bayesian statistics, machine learning, modelling, simulation, and combinatorial optimization. I primarily use Mathematica for my everyday analysis and rapid prototyping needs, but I have been known to dabble with R, python, STAN and other platforms for particular projects. As a Mac user from way back (before it was fashionable/cool) I'm interested in improving my Objective-C/Swift/Cocoa skills, but I never seem to get the time ...
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Member for 4 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 10 '19 at 0:54
Top network posts
- 6 Generate random points in a region with higher probability in a sub-region
- 6 Finding archival records for tracing father of illegitimate child in mid 1880s County Down, Ireland?
- 5 Possible bug / numerical issues with HypergeometricU -- any suggestions for a fast workaround?
- 5 Handy dates conversion
- 5 Using Periodogram to investigate the seasonality of the data
- View more network posts →